Sunday, February 18, 2007

TINY, BABY ZEBRAS

Though we've blogged about two-dollar-second-tuesdays before, we still wanted to list this last one, because it marked the first time Ruth saw a real-life zebra since she started calling herself a "tinee zee-brah." She's been on the zebra kick for quite a while now, sometimes refusing to answer to "Ruth," and only listening if referred to as our "tiny, baby zebra." Her Auntie Julie has been speaking to this part of Ruth in immensely effective ways, writing notes -- paeans, really -- to the beauty and wonder of tiny, baby zebras, in particular one that lives in St. Johns. Cards have been appearing in the mail weekly and Ruthie is having me read them to her over and over and over to her. I even got in the act with the other blog last week.

Anyway, I sold it pretty heavily, so I wasn't sure what the reception would be, and Ruth kept wanting to see the bats, so go figure. But the moment was magical. The zebras were amazing and Ruth was struck dumb until she said, "That's me down dere," to my immense delight. Yay Zebras.

No comments: